Monday, April 7, 2008

The birth!!! Longest post, sorry!

She is really chubbing up, I love it, she is getting roley!!!


She looks like she is holding on for dear life here!

Well nothing to exciting about my birth experience. I did end up having an epidural, I am not as strong as I thought I was. On saturday night I was having a ton of contractions, every 3 to 4 minutes and thought that it was the real thing. We were right by the hospital and decided to go and checked. They kept me for an hour, the contractions were really coming, but they were not doing anything and were not really painful. They sent me home, I was ok with that because I was not in a lot of pain.


Sunday I was getting some more intense ones but they had slowed down for sure. Every 10 minutes but these ones burned, by like 1 in the morning I was in a lot of pain, I was sure they were the real thing. Rhett took me again, they tracked me for 3 hours this time, the contractions were very constant, but I was not dilating of thinning out. So they sent me home again, I was scared this time though, these contractions were hurting, I thought we would get home and have to come back. I decided then I wasn't going back until I could barely walk. So Monday all day, I had contractions, I went on a walk, had to stop every 3 minutes for them, but I did it, then came home and layed on the couch for hours, by 8 the contractions were hurting so bad, I was humming and moaning, I was like you are weak Nichole. But I had been having these really intense ones every 3 or so minutes for like over 24 hours almost. I was so tired, I couldn't sleep through them.

When Rhett got home, him and I decided it was time to go in at about 9. My mom was with us as well, she drove herself though, she had spent that day listening to me moan for hours. I was so nervous driving to the hospital, the pain was so bad and I kept thinking if they send me home again I will die. They checked me and I was almost a 5!!! They asked if I wanted an epidural, I gave in, I was so tired and thought if I don't, how will I have the strength to push this little one out. It was about an hour later when I got it, I asked for it to not be to strong though, I wanted to feel what my body was saying. So it was nice, I could tell when I was having contractions, but the pain was eased, I rested a little, and by 4 in the morning I was ready to push.

I was so ready, they called my doctor, by the time he got there I only had to push like a couple times, and she was out. He was there for maybe an hour. It was not to bad. I had to stop pushing actually, which is very hard to do. Her heart rate was going up and they wanted me to give her a rest. So at 4:35 they laid my beautiful baby on my stomach, I have never cried so hard, she was perfect, hardly any blood on her, she was amazing, and she was mine. I have never felt something so fulfilling in my life. To look at Rhett then our baby and know we created her together is the best thing that has ever happened to me!!! He is the best dad in the whole world, he is in awe of her, I can't believe how good he is!

We had a little scare right after she was born, they decided to have me try and breast feed like 3o minutes after she was born, she latched on then all the sudden she started to jerk kind of, then she was completely blue and purple all over, I was freaking out, Rhett ran out got the nurse and in seconds, they had her out of my arms and were sucking stuff out of her. She had a big clot of mucus stuck in her throat, I have never seen something so frightening in my life, I felt helpless. It definetely gave me anxiety for days, I didn't want to feed her again or anything, I was so scared, that was the worst image, I hate that I saw that.


Let me tell you the only bad thing about this whole experience. All along I knew that I didn't want an epidural. Now I know why, I forgot about my extremely bad allergy to the tape they use to hold the needles in place, or whatever they are doing. So I had a fever that first night, it broke and I woke up sweating to death, I went to the bathroom, and my back was killing, I looked at it in the mirror and the entire thing from like my bra down was covered in huge bright red rash, there was not one are that was not red and inflamed. The actual are that had the tape on it was blisters, and hurt so bad. So for like 4 days I couldn't sit back or relax. Every nurse that came in said I won the award for the worst allergic reaction they had ever seen, it was horrible. I wanted to lay back and hold and cuddle my baby and I couldn't, it was hard. I still have it, it is just dry and scaby now. I knew I shouldn't get the epidural. I had to go to a dermatologist, he put me on a steroid, antibiotic, and a really tough spray. It is still attacking it and it is getting better. He took a picture of it, he had never seen one like that before! So anyway besides that everything was great!

I am so lucky that all went well we have our beautiful baby here and are so happy!

Her Name

I guess I should explain her name a little, we had a list of 3 names and said we would name her when we saw her. Ever came about in november, I remember seeing it on tv, then looking it up in a name book, it meant always and I thougth that was really pretty, I love the sound of it and the shortenings, Ev, Evie, and EJ! So anyway when she was born I was to exhausted to think about it, I told Rhett to pick, I knew he would pick that one though, we both loved it the most. The other names were Giana, and Scout, she didn't seem like either of those. Her middle name Jacquelle is a mix of my grandmas name Jacquelyn and my moms name, Danelle. I wanted a name with some meaning, but didn't love those seperate. So Ever Jacquelle Yates is what we have chose. We are getting some different comments, some are hurtful a bit, people say they are confused about her name because it is a word, but it is a beautiful word, with good meaning, and we are not changing it, we love her and her name! She is such and Ever, you will agree I think when you meet her!

She is changing so much, she gained a pound like 4 days after we left the hospital, I had to take her to the doctor because she is so stuffy, her poor nose is so plugged, I feel like all I do is stick the blue sucky thing up there, she is going to hate me, I just want her to breathe!!!! We take her tomorrow for her 2 week, I can't believe she is 2 weeks already, she is growing so fast!

24 comments:

Alexis said...

congrats Nichole. I stalk you once in a while, hope you don't mind :)

She's beautiful, and people are dumb. Don't mind them. Its rude and its none of their business anyway. It's beautiful and looks like her!

Lindsey Lee said...

I loved reading your birth story...don't feel bad you had an epidurual. I think birth even with an epidural is hard! Anyways, congrats again and i hope all is well with cute little Ever.
Ps. her name is awesome...don't worry, i got wierd comments about Reggie too. A name is what they make of it. She is beautiful and you look beautiful as well!

Evans said...

She is so beautiful and I love her name, Ev is a name that we concidered for Elle so I just love Ever! And don't think that you are a wuss for getting an epidural because labor is so intense and exausting thats its hard not to get one just so that you can relax! I think they are the best thing in the world!

Troy and Tara Barnes said...

Oh I miss her so much I want to squeeze her! I am so excited to come this weekend I need to hold her right now. You know I love her name it fits her perfectly you look so good too! Love ya

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

you poor thing! it is so tiring so i think the epidural saved you.

as for our schedule ... it is easy but hard. we keep her awake from 4 pm - 8 pm everyday for 7 days straight. we are on day 6 & she sleeps 5 hours a night straight ... awesome! the hard part is keeping her awake, but it is worth it.

Ashley H said...

She is so beautiful Nichole! You look great too. I know how you feel on the name thing. We get mixed comments on Joaquin's name all the time and no one knows how to pronounce his name either. I love the name you picked out, especially after you explained the meaning and how you chose it.

Camie said...

What a great experience! I love the name and never even thought twice about it. With both of our girls we have gotten confused reactions but it doesn't bother me at all. I know it fits them both perfectly and thats all that matters. You are so tender and are going ot be the best mom ever.

Lindsey Lee said...

To answer your question...i waited about 3 weeks to run. I eased back into it by running/walking on the treadmill. Its so stinkin hard to get back into it, but 6 weeks was too long for me to wait...i think you know how you feel and if your body seems ready there is no harm in exercising! You will bounce right back!! Good luck...you are sucha cute mommy!

~..kass..~ said...

I loved to hear about it. Thanks for the post! She is beautiful! I feel you with the long labor I was in labor with Kodi anne for 3 days, yep oh man is was great lol. And the breastfeeding scare that happened with Kenton but they kept him in the NICU for 4 days do make sure that was all it was because he was a tad early. Anyways keep up the pictures! It is so crazy how quick they change!

Jonathan, Kaity & Halle said...

She is changing so much. Oh she's absolutely beautiful Nichole, and I love the name. With a name like that she'll end up being a model or a movie star. Thanks for posting about the birth, I am still SCARED TO DEATH. I am so scared of an epidural but at the same time could not even slightly imagine what it would be like without it. Can't they just put you to sleep or like on the gas they give you at the dentists? It's a good thing i've got a while, I don't know if i'm going to be able to handle it! Keep the pictures coming, you look awesome!!

Kelli Eudis said...

Isn't it such an amazing experience. And don't worry about what anyone says about her name. It is unique and beautiful! I am so happy things went well. She is very beautiful, I wouldn't expect anything else from parents like you both.

Mikelle said...

She gets cuter..and cuter each picture you post i think that the name Ever totally fits her and its unique and feminine...it will be so cool for her to have a name so unique when she gets older and she'll love it. Little babies are so precious. Thanks for sharing the birth details its fun to hear about.

Mikelle said...

Tell your Mom hi for me too, I loved her she is s much fun, i can't believe she's a grandma.

Rachel said...

I absolutley LOVE her name! I don't even have to meet her to know it is so perfect for her!!!! She is such a beautiful baby and will continue to get cuter and cuter (if that is possible) I am sorry to hear about that allergic reaction. Honestly the worst part about my birth experience was when they ripped the tape off my back from the epidural! Funny! I am so beyond happy for you! You llook so motherly in those pictures!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

I liked the name from the start. People didn't love Gabby/gabrielle either. I didn't care whatsoever. It's your babe!
She is so beautiful, stunning little thing!

The rash sounds absolutely horrifying! Yikes, you are one heck of a trooper!

I'm coming to see Brianna in a couple weeks I hope, and I got Ever some things I wanna bring to you and see her.

Alicia said...

I just had to say how beautiful she is and how much I LOVE her name I would have never thought to do either and they are just so special. What a special little darling and she really does look like and Ever! Congratulations she is beautiful and you look great!

Jeff and Brandi said...

You guys are such a cute little family! I love love love her hair. She is so beautiful! Do not worry about the epidural...I would never do it without. At least you were able to enjoy her after birth and not be soooo exhausted! YOu look great.

Jocelyn said...

My sister said she saw you today and that your baby is so cute!! She said you look great as well! I love baby ever and her name! I've wanted to name a girl evan so I understand! It sounds the same! I love it! :)

Laura Edwards said...

Congrats! Your story of the birth brought tears to my eyes (happy tears, that is). And I LOVE her name! She is beautiful. I hope all will continue to go well. Congrats, Nichole!

Cassidy Legg said...

She is a really cute baby Nichole. And honestly all I have heard is how much people like her name. And who cares if people dont. Everyone has different tastes and I am sure there are names you dont like ya know. Dont fret. It fits her and it fits you and rhett. She looks like an Ever I think. At first I was kind of like oh Ever but once I saw her picture it is perfect for her. I am so excited and happy for you 3 I hope I get to see her soon. Which probably wont happen for awhile but eventually. I hope you are doing well and recovering fast. I saw the pic of your back on Taras phone and I about died. YOu poor thing. Anyway Beautiful Baby. Happiness from me to you!

Heath & Ege said...

Hey Nichole! It's Heather Wilkinson (Saunders) I came across your blog and your baby is beauitful!! Congrats to you and Rhett! You look so happy!

Loni said...

Nichole!!! She is so Beautiful! I love the name (I had and imaginary friend named Ever when I was little)Congrats!!! I just figured out how to find other blogs through thier comments.. I am retarded!! I am so happy for you.. you look great as well! Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

Nichole, you look so happy! Really, it's written all over your face. What a gorgeous little family you have become! I hope that LITTLE reaction of yours is all healed up now!!

Anonymous said...

Nichole, you look so happy! Really, it's written all over your face. What a gorgeous little family you have become! I hope that LITTLE reaction of yours is all healed up now!!