Thursday, February 28, 2008

I am suffocating!

36 weeks
I really can't breathe much anymore, my little one has filled my belly up and I can't breathe, on top of it I have a great cold. But I am getting chlosterphobia( I completely spelled that wrong) really bad, I am freaking a little, I want it out so I can breathe. I love this experience but not breathing is a little much for me, it is scary.

I am also freaking because it is getting really close, I have been watching some movies and techniques to help with the pain, but am I really strong enough to do it? I am questiong myself a lot, and it is not good. We tried to get in some classes but they are booked up until may, so we rented some sweet movies from the library, I swear they haven't made a new one since the 70's, no joke. But they are helping a little, I still am scared. I really want to experience this amazing thing naturally, but I also don't to not be so miserable I not enjoy it. I am just going to keep an open mind and see how it goes, hopefully the superwoman in me comes out, and I am strong enough to do this.

I am so thankful it is getting closer. I hope she comes a little early to be honest 2 weeks would be perfect, I don't want her huge, just healthy. I start the every week appointments now, holy cow, I am going to be a mom in like 30 days, only 3 more saturdays babyless, am I ready for this?

I held a newborn the other day for the first time since I have been pregnant, it really made things feel real, I was thinking to myself, I hardly know how to hold this, how am I going to do it all? I guess it just comes to you, I hope. Rhett was like are you holding her head, telling me to be careful, this is going to be comical to see us together with a tiny baby! I can't wait. I just want to hold her in my arms, and see her look up at me and recognize my voice, i hope she does I talk to her so she will hopefully.

I want to say thanks to all of you that came to my shower, it was so fun, and I got the cutest dang things, I am set for a while, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I am working on thank you cards, but I am a little slow, I found some wedding thank you's yesterday that were filled out but never sent, oops, I am good!

12 comments:

Camie said...

Nichole-no matter how you end up having your baby you are 'superwoman.' Surviving these nine-ten months is superwoman enough. Don't stress too much and just know that whatever you decide or how it works out is the best choice.

As for the breathing goes, I can totally relate. My biggest issue right now is sleep. I dread night time. I am so uncomfortable and usually a little nauseaus it feels unbearable most nights.

I am getting so excited and nervous as well. I am down to 17 days. I can't believe it. I can't wait to see what your little girl looks like. You and Rhett are going to be amazing. Hang in there...if only by a thread!!!

Camie said...

WHOA...novel!

Lindsey Lee said...

Time has flown by! Im very excited for you...and you look AWESOME! so tiny and all belly! good luck with delivery...i hope you do in naturally because it sounds like you really want to. I definately couldn't handle the pain...im a whimp. hang in there and take it easy the next few weeks...and GET LOTS OF SLEEP!!!

Jocelyn said...

Being pregnant seems like torture by listening to both you and camie! :) It's pretty amazing to listen to you talk about becoming a mom and everything your going through...It seems like just yesterday we were seniors in High school! But I agree with camie you already are "superwoman" with going through the pregnancy! I know you'll be just fine!! I'm so ecxited to see her!

Rachel said...

No worries about the wedding thank yous...i never sent mine either, i found all mine the other day and just threw them away! whoopsy!
You are glowing in that picture! You loook great! It is fun to hear you talk about all this "fun" end of pregnancy stuff! It gets me so excited! I hope you can make it through the whole labor naturally. If I were tuff or brave I would love to have the experience! Props to you!

Evans said...

trust me the whole not being able to breath is totally normal in the end. With Elle i felt like i was going to pass out most days but you make it through it some how. It was fun to be able to see you at your shower your gonna be a cute little mom. Im excited to see her she is gonna be beautiful!

~..kass..~ said...

You will do great! What ever way you end up going in the end, it is the most amazing thing to ever happen.
I can't wait to see pictures of her beautiful little face!!!! Good Luck hang in there girl. Oh BTW did I mention that while pregnant with Kenton he broke a rib because he was sitting so high in me, so in short I feel for you ;)

Higbee said...

Oh Nichole you look so dang cute! I'm so excited for you guys! I've seen a delivery before and it freaked me out knowing what your body goes through, but it was the most amazing thing ever! :) You're brave for even considering doing in natural! I wouldn't dare!! haha Good luck with everything!

Brianna said...

I didn't see the picture of you before! It is so cute...you look so dang happy! Sorry again that I couldn't make it to your shower tonight:( I feel really bad. I have a present for you though, I'll just give it to you when I see you in the hospital:)!! (or sooner) I am seriously so excited I can't stand it!

Jeff and Brandi said...

Nichole~ Being a mother is the greatest thing! It is amazing how you fall right in love with them. She will know you and your voice the best. Don't worry about that. Even my little preemie knows me and knew my voice the first time he heard it. It is amazing. Good luck with everything!~Brandi

Kelli Eudis said...

You look absolutley too adorable!! The last couple weeks are the most anxious, cause you are so ready to see that little face!! Can't wait to see pictures of her! Hope everything goes well!!

Hatcher said...

Nichole & Rhett - The baby's room looks awsome. I especially love the writting that appears to be a Precious Moment font. That is perfect since your perfect little precious moment is about to be born. We all remember the not breathing part and totally feel your pain! Just remember that sweet little one is squished too! I find standing and walking to help. Sitting is too squished for everyone.

We can't wait to see pictures of your sweet new Yates!

Love, Aunt Tif