Wednesday, May 26, 2010

First doctor appointment

I am not going to be good at documenting this pregnancy, I want to say I will but at least until I feel better it will be a struggle. I do want this for the records though.

Went to the doctor yesterday. I thought I was 10 weeks based on things I know. Period dates and all that which I am was great at keeping track of. Appointment is going great, he goes to find the heartbeat and can't find it. (with Ever he set it on my stomach and there was an immediate heartbeat so I am panicking.) I now know that it is kind of common not to hear it. Doesn't mean I was not a bit worried, or a lot. I tried to remain positive. He thought maybe I wasn't far enough along and my uterus didn't seem to be big enough to be 10 weeks. He sent us to get an ultrasound. That was a long 20 minutes. I wanted to see the baby and the heartbeat so bad. And as soon as the tech put the thing on my stomach there was our baby, kicking and squirming with arms and legs, and a STRONG heartbeat. Rhett and I were so happy.What a relief. It was kind of fun in the end, I didnt like the worrying part but now we have a picture of our little baby and its so cute.

I am 10 weeks and a few days, due the 20th or 21st of december. We are so excited!

9 comments:

erica said...

yay! congrats again.
hope you start feeling better soon.

Long Family said...

Congratulations! That's so funny! I haven't really announced it anywhere, I'm trying to wait until my sis-in-law has her baby, but I'm due on Dec. 22!! LOL.

Heather Stott said...

SO SORRY your still sick hopefully this one isn't as bad? I totally understand the worry of not hearing a heart beat, that can be scary. I am so happy things turned out well!! I am so excited to find out what your having.

GOULDING CLAN said...

Congrats on baby #2. I'm sure it will be just as cute as the first. She's so adorable!

Jessica Kunz said...

I know that feeling, it is the worst! I'm so happy for you! You are such a good mom, i can't wait to hear what you are having. My mom says congrats too.

Michelle said...

Hey, I am going to make my blog private. If you want to leave me your email I will add you to my list :)

Megan Andersen said...

Holy Crap! Congratulations!! I have missed out on a lot!!! How exciting for you guys! Please document this pregnancy as much as you can...I want to follow..

Amber said...

Scary!! COngrats Nichole!!! That is so FUN! Your blog always makes me baby hungry. You are such a cute mom and Ever is a freakin' Doll. She seriously is so cute

Camie said...

so glad everything is good...hope you feel better soon!