Sunday, September 21, 2008

Straight from my childhood journal......

----On May 2nd I got baptized and I was excited and shivered a lot!
----My sisters birthday is in a couple days but I dont know what to get her. I got her a helmet.
----My friend Brianna is not playing with me because she found a girl named Ashley and leaving me with nobody to play with
----My sister got a lot of good luck after her baptism. She found a quarter and they burnt one of our pizzas so we got it free.
----Tomorrow is our dance festival I dance with a kid named Vaughn. He loves to dance you can tell he is always tapping his foot or clapping or doing something!
----We're breeding our horse, it teaches us a lot. That is all I have to say!
----We sent in for the publishers clearing house patrol. They give you 10, 000, 000 if you win. But we didn't. It was a disappointment for us.

Was I really this weird? This was so funny to me for some reason! The last entry in this journal was in 1998 and was about Rhett and how I had liked him for a year already and he finally held my hand and it was the best day of my life. To funny! These may not even be funny, but I think I laughed for a day when I read the one about Tara having good luck after getting baptized, I mean a whole quarter and a free pizza. I was a dork!!!

15 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, I love this! It is so fun to go back and find funny things you wrote about. So cute!

Marci said...

So what did the horse teach you??? Lol that is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time! You are hilarious. So when are we taking your pictures?

Troy and Tara Barnes said...

That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time you got me a helmet?? I am pretty lucky a whole quarter I bet you were jealous! I want to find mine now I remember every sunday mom and dad making us write in those things. Hilarious..

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

that is awesome. I would be too embarassed to share my journal entries ... I am pretty sure they are 90% about "cute" boys.

Anonymous said...

Would the Vaughn you danced with be Vaughn Cottam? That's awesome.

Lindsey Jensen said...

No way, you are so not a dork! I thought that was so cute! I love reading old things like that. I know you kinda feel like a dork when your done but I think its way cute!

Brianna said...

I am crying from laughing so hard right now! That is the greatest post. I think it is even funnier to me because I was just reading my old journal LAST NIGHT and was laughing my butt off at the same type of things that I wrote. I think I am going to copy your post idea. Seriously, I am going to read this 15 times today because it is so funny:)

Emily Blais said...

That is totally funny! What a great post. I should dig up some of my old journals and see what they have to say. SCARY!

Heather Stott said...

hahaha! I love it! It is reasons like this that I don't want to have my journals ever read by anyone! not even me! I am so embarassed by what I thought was cool. haha! it's so funny how things change! loved it!

~..kass..~ said...

That was great! I am pretty sure all of our little kid journals are like this because like a month a go I was reading mine and Darren's and our were about the same...lol

Megan Andersen said...

Cute idea...it makes me want to go seek out my journal & read it. Maybe if I'm not too big of a dork I'll do a post.
Hey thanks for the input on how to change my template-

Danielle said...

That cracks me up!!! Ha ha ha You are TOO funny :)

Rachel said...

That is so funny. I love how everything is short simple and sweet. The good ol days of childhood!

Lindsey Jensen said...

Check my blog, you've been tagged!

Kelly and Charmaine said...

You have never been a dork. Grandpa and Grandma used to make us write in a journal every Sunday too, maybe that's where your dad got it. Sometimes you have no idea what to write. Mine has funny things in it too. It's fun to see what was important to you back then.