Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thursday thoughts

--We had a great day yesterday. Ever is finally feeling a little better. Poor thing was so sick for about 5 days straight. Last thursday, which was 3 days after a rash appeared all over her belly, and 2 days after we went to the doctor she started getting super sick. Fever's, fatigue, and she said her tongue hurt. I called my doc, he said if it turns into more, and you can't get her fevers down I want to see her again. Well, when I was there on Tuesday for the rash I told him she had been exposed to Strep. He didn't even look for that, checked her rash and said well its either chicken pox or a viral thing. So from thursday to sunday I could not keep her fever away, she was so sick, took her to instacare sunday, sure enough she has strep throat. Well even though I am frusterated with the doc who never checked, it is all good now. She is on some NASTY antibiodic and is doing great. Really, trying to get her to take it is not easy, I have to hide it in her food, which she finds because it smells like a skunk. I am proud of her though for taking it. 4 days down 6 more to go, not sure how I can keep getting her to take it though. It is nice to not have her being so sick, I will miss the 3 a day naps and early bedtime though, and for some odd reason she was super sweet when she was sick, never argued or said no. I will miss that, but glad to get my energetic little thing back.
--These are the only picture I took of her in her green. We didn't do much, not quite sure why its a huge holiday, but we wore green at least, and went to the gateway.

--I am wanting to list a bunch of fun stuff Ever is doing now, but I think I will save it for her 2 year post which is in 1 week. Holy cow!

--Do you love your pediatrician? Mine is a very nice guy, but always rushed even when he is sitting, and doesn't seem to take me to serious. I really want to know, do you love yours, or I am I being picky. I don't know what to do. I mean I guess he doesn't think anything is wrong when I am there, I rarely go, and why would I waste my time at a place I don't like or don't want to be if I didn't think there was a problem? On top of that paying our outrageous co-pay. Which I had to do twice with this illness!

--I am craving a tropical vacation. Sounds so nice right now. Disneyland is coming up in like a month, so I will be patient until then I suppose.

--Can anyone tell me where to find cute dresses that don't cost an arm and a leg, when it warms up I love wearing them. I can't seem to find any I love though that aren't outrageous in price. You have to remember I am way cheap when it comes to my clothes. Advice?
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Emily Blais said...

the new Liberty of London collection for Target. CUTEST dresses ever! And cheap! :)

Emily Blais said...

plus, you and ever can have matching, they have a little girls line as well... the CUTEST swimming suits for little girls :)

Lindsey Jensen said...

I do love Bronson's Dr! I think it's ok to be picky. I saw a few different Drs before we found this one and I definitly saw a difference when I meet him. Also, I LOVE Ross! Try TJ's too! Good luck!!!

Leah said...

So glad you found out why Ever has been so sick. Strep is the worst! I say you change peds... mine spends as much time as needed with my kids and I feel like she is never rushed. You are not being picky by feeling the way you do.

Evans said...

I love our Dr. but sometime I do get bugged with him a little but I think that's normal! I agres Liberty collection at Target is dang cute, I just bought Elle the cutest layered dress and swim suit from there and then I saw the adult stuff and it's very cute too! I thought old navy had some cute summer dresses too!

Megan Andersen said...

I have to say that I do love my doc. Yes, he has way more patients than what his office can handle, but he has never made me feel rushed or treated me like I was just a number..
On another note, I was in Target the other day & found myself looking at some super cute dresses. I don't know if they were this Liberty of London brand that everyone is lovin' but they were darling. Sadley though for me right now $26 is too expensive...maybe I should go to Gen X. Ha!

Stef said...

Poor Ever! I'm glad you finally found out what was wrong, that must have been horrible for all of you, especially her! Glad she's on the mend though! And I'm glad I saw the comment about the collection at Target, I want to go see them now! :) I like to wear the dresses too but haven't for a long time cuz I'm like you, don't want to spend a ton! And I've toldl you before, but I LOVE our ped!! Dr. Coombs, he's really great and sweet with the kids and really listens to you and everyone else in his office with him are great as well, love that place!

Julie said...

I just went through the SAME thing with our dr. For the last year or so I've debated whether i should try another one because of some frustrations I kept having (similar to yours). At the end of the day you have to have a doctor that works well with your personality and one that is meeting the needs of your child. good luck. Trust your motherly instincts!

erica said...

okay i meant to comment about the dr situation but never got to it. im so sorry you dont love your doctor. ivy has the greatest peditrition in the world - she seriously is so great. everytime we go (no matter what time it is) she always makes me feel like i am her only patient. she never makes me feel rushed.
(this is all on my mind because ivy had her 18 month checkup today)
i love that i can ask her anything and i feel like she'll give me an honest answer...not just something you want to hear.

seriously good luck! hope you find one you like!

hope ever is feeling better :)